September 14, 2015

Email No. 35

Family & Friends!!

Can I just say how absolutely amazing you all are? I mean it. I am so incredibly lucky to have such awesome support. Every time I sit down to write you all, I am filled with gratitude to my Heavenly Father because He has filled my life with such spectacular people. So thank you all! 

This week was filled with goodness and wondefulness and all things happy. So. Prepare for it. Reader, do you have about 30 minutes? Because that's how long this is going to be (not tested to be true. I mean, how can it be? I just stated writing it!).

First off.  On Monday night, we went over to one of the families in the branch for dinner. The Waldrop's. When we pulled up, we turned off the car and said a prayer, like we always do. When we were done praying, I looked out my window and what did I see? Little tiny eyes looking at me. Their little boy who is 3 had this big ol' grin on his face and his eyes were all squinty because his smile was so big. And when I say he was close, I mean nose-up-against-the-window close. And he just yelled in his little 3 year old voice, "Hi misssionaweeesss!!" And then he bolted. Oh man, it was so stinking cute. 

We also met with Marcia this week and holy cow, she is progressing. We read a chapter from the Book of Mormon this week and afterward she bore testimony to us that it wasn't until very recently that she states reading the Book of Mormon because she wanted to, not because the missionaries told her to. We asked her if she knew the Book of Mormon was true and she said that absolutely she did. "I haven't found anything wrong with it yet!" Her only struggle right now is that she takes care of her mom on Sunday's, so that prevents her from being able to come to church. We are working with her on that, but if you all could pray that she will be able to have it so that she can come to church, that would be very much appreciated. We know that if it is the Lord's will for her to come, circumstances will be so that she can attend. 

We also met with Katie and Kes who are a mother and daughter that are less actives. On my heavens. They are amazing. We talked about the priesthood. Katie, the mom, just has such a sold testimony of the priesthood. Also she told us about how she felt inspired to sign up for a charity foundation. She almost started crying at the experience. 

We also met with Bernie. He called us Thursday night all in a fluster. He said that the people who were supposed to put in his new carpet didn't show up, so his house was a mess so he didn't know if he could meet. We suggested meeting at the church and he just sounded so relieved. So the next morning, when we met with him, he came into the church all flustered. He came whizzing in and said, "Ladies, I just have had to tell you. I have had the worst week of my life." He went on to list all the things that happened wrong. But! True to character, he ended it all with a joke: "The good news to all this is that I saved money on car insurance by switching to Geico." We started dying laughing! It seems as though the more stressed Bernie is, the funnier he gets. At the end he was telling us that when we dies and he is at his funeral, he's going to pop out of the coffin and say, "I got one more for ya!" Oh man we could not stop laughing. He is just too too funny. He was just so so funny. We joked around with him that he is gunna be buried with a wink in his eye and a grin on his face. On a more spiritual note, after our lesson on Tuesday, we commented to him how happier we think he looks. He said, "I am happy. I feel so much lighter since I've been taking lessons." He is so excited for his baptism on October 24.

We also had a very spiritual lesson on the temple with one of our investigators, Jeanne. She before wasn't very interested, but now she came to church and is really progressing. 

It was a fantastic week. And the reason was because I grew closer to my Savior. I have come to know Him more on my mission in a way that I didn't even know was possible. He is my Savior and He is my Redeemer. I love Him with all my heart and I can't imagine what my life would be like with out a knowledge of Him. I am so happy to be able to serve Him. 

Love,
Sister Sewell 

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS