June 15, 2015

Email No. 22

 
So I realized this morning that yesterday was my exact 5 month mark! Crazy, right!?

This week was absolutely fabulous. I love every week out here. Especially when you have a superb companion and an awesome area.

We met with the Picott's again as usual and Sister Picott continues to grow so much. I love her so much.

I'm not sure how much I have told you about Cathy. So here is how we met her: about a month and a half ago, the Book of Mormon class we have every Tuesday had just ended. As we were leaving one of the branch missionaries (an older woman) came up to us and said, "I don't know why, but I have been thinking about this person that I know, Cathy. I've known her since she was a little girl and she used to babysit for me years ago. She is probably in her late 60s or so. I would like you to drop by her." Because Cathy lived so far away from us we didn't get to drop by til a couple weeks later. Anyways, when we knocked on her door, Sister Duncan said, "Hi! We are missionaries and..... Well Sister Dow said you might want to talk to us." Pause. At this moment I was thinking to myself, "This woman does not look interested at all. She is just going to slam the door in our face." I have since repented. :) Back to the story... After Sister Duncan said this, there was an awkward pause and Cathy just looked at us dumbfounded and then she said, "Why don't you come on in." What. Next it was our turn to be dumbfounded. We'll eventually we came in and started talking to her. Long story short, we came into her life at the perfect moment and we bore testimony of the Atonement and by the end of the lesson she was almost in tears. We have taught her 4 times now. Her lessons are always amazing, but this last lesson was amazing. She really opened up to us about some things that she has gone through (this woman is incredibly strong and has gone through A TON). So we were teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ and right from the beginning we felt prompted to bear testimony of the temple. The Spirit was ridiculously strong and after we had finished telling about how eternal marriage can bless her life, she had tears in her eyes and just said, "Wow." And we explained how she can be with Greg (who is her husband. He is equally awesome, but hasn't been able to sit in the lessons) and she responded, "So I can't be sealed to Greg unless he gets involved in this? Well we better get him in here!" We invited her to be baptized and she said, "I'm not sure, but I will for sure pray about it." We feel that she will definitely get baptized. She is incredible.

Well I just want to bear my testimony to you all. I know this gospel is true. I know that more than I know anything else in this life. This world can be so confusing and chaotic, but this gospel brings peace and calms the storms in a way that nothing that else can. I know that there is a Father in Heaven who is aware of everything that we are experiencing. No amount of someone telling me I'm brainwashed, gullible, stupid can tell me otherwise. I am not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I will stand til the day I die proclaiming the truth to all who will listen. Not just through word, but through living the way that Christ wants me to. The Spirit has witnessed the truthfulness unto me and I will not be swayed.

Keep the faith in the One who has redeemed all of mankind.

Love,

Sister Sewell

Brother Pratt, Elijah, Kira, Sister Duncan, Brother Picott, Sister Picott, Meeee.







Uh.  I am awkward.  Cheesy pictures are the best.








No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS